latest information

A coroner has warned parents of the dangers of ordinary hazards in the home after a tragic toddler was strangled by the cord on a window blind in his bedroom.

Joshua, who would have had his second birthday tomorrow, died in the freak accident in January, this year, as he looked out of the window.

He was found dead by his mother with the blind cord wrapped around his neck when she went to check on him.

Josh was the third child in Britain this year to die after becoming entangled in a roller blind cord.

Tragic stories like these are becoming more common.